That was one subdued walk off celebration. Obviously, Justin Smoak was deservedly thrilled but overall tone was "Are we allowed to dance? Is this ok? Come here, Justin. We gotta rip your jersey off. And then we are going drinking to erase the memory of eight of the last ten innings."
That game was maddening. Marco Estrada pitched extremely well, the first inning homer being the only glitch in an otherwise perfect outing. Watching the 1-0 score, inning after inning, as Perez kept pitching from behind and wiggling out of it, was torture. The Rangers kept offering the game to the Jays.
The Rangers: "Here, take it. We don't really want this win. Look, we've barely hit the ball and Perez is junk balling."
The Jays: "Really? Are you sure? Like, sure sure?"
This is an offense that killed lefties pitching from behind last year. They need a collective hug/smack. Russell Martin and Troy Tulowitzki are first in line. You might've noticed Martin shaved his beard (but left a stache.) He's apparently also a little salty.
There is no video of this?
John Gibbons states the obvious:
To the people who were lamenting the lack of Munenori Kawasaki last night to Jeff Blair, who is really not on board for this sentiment:
I have no words. Luckily, someone else has words.
Joe Biagini, in the wake of his first MLB win, gave the greatest post-game interview:
1. "Am I supposed to have a speech? No? I forgot."
2. "I just wish the Raptors weren't playing so we could have all the attention. No....I'm kidding."
3. "Sorry, I'm going to scratch myself."
4.1“I had an incident with the team in the bathroom. It was kind of a celebratory tradition, so I haven’t really been able to tell anybody. They don’t like to watch, so I have to text them individually. I’m just kidding. No, I haven’t had a chance to yet because you guys are bothering me. Just kidding."
4.2 "That’s classified. I just closed my eyes and thought of my cat and that got me through it.”
5. "Which ball? There's lot's of them."
6. “Somebody gave me a ball. I was trying to smell it to see if it had his scent of his bat on it, but I don’t quite have the skill of that yet.”
7. "Yeah, it's the ball. It looks like the ball. But all the other ones look like it"
8. "Yeah, I decided to start throwing better pitches."
This kid forever.
New show to pitch to Rogers which is better than 3/4 of their current content: Just Kidding: Joe Biagini Talks About Stuff.
He can bring his cat.
Let us dance.